Business owner in Portland, OR
After college, Dana began her career as an exhibit designer and project manager. Her deep love of furniture design and sustainable architecture continue today but after a month long trip into the jungles of Ecuador in 2005 she dropped out of the corporate world and began a new life studying meditation and personal growth.
In 2008, she went back to school to become a massage therapist and began working in different wellness environments. From spas to chiropractic offices, Dana had a first hand look at the world of alternative health care. In addition to working in the field, she prioritized receiving as many modalities as possible from watsu to acupuncture to naturopathy to floatation therapy. Dana’s desire to combine floatation therapy with massage therapy lies in her own experience of recovery from depression, apathy, anxiety, and physical injury using these modalities.
Floatation therapy has been around since the 1950’s and was created by scientists as a means to explore consciousness. What is consciousness and where does it come from? These questions are just the tip of the iceberg. Many cultures have explored these questions from different perspectives and with different methods including qigong, mysticism, and ayahuasca. Floatation therapy is the western worlds modern answer to our overly busy, wired modern life.
Dana’s newest venture, Float North, is a place to heal, to reconnect, to explore consciousness, and to recover from our modern life.
- Float North LLC, Owner-operator. Manage, market, and operate a wellness center offering massage therapy and floatation therapy. Currently under construction.
- Soaring Dragon Massage, Owner-operator. Responsible for office management, medical billing, bookkeeping and accounting, record keeping, charting, scheduling, and hiring. Portland, OR October 2009 – present
- Mississippi Chiropractic, Massage Therapist specializing in injury recovery and manual therapy. Responsible for charting and patient retention. Portland, OR October 2012 – April 2014
- Hands on Chiropractic, Massage Therapist specializing in shiatsu, deep tissue, trigger point therapy and injuries. Responsible for charting, filing, and patient retention. Portland, OR July 2010 – October 2012
- New Identity Day Spa, Massage Therapist specializing in Swedish, Deep Tissue, Shiatsu, Hot Stone Massage. Portland, OR, October 2009 – June 2010
- Free Geek, Front Desk Coordinator, responsibilities include, coordinate volunteer shifts, accept and process donations, process mail, data entry, process till, answer phones, greet visitors, create and maintain documents, organize volunteer appreciation events. Portland, OR, September 2007- March 2008
- Di Prima Dolci Bakery, Front Counter Manager responsible for hiring, scheduling, and training employees; conducting employee reviews; ordering supplies; maintaining the front counter equipment and display cases, opening, and closing. Portland, Oregon, June 2006- July 2007
Took time off to explore the jungles of Ecuador and came back a new person. Decided to reinvent my life upon my return.
- Intex Exhibit Systems, Exhibit designer and Project Manager. Worked with a national network of distributors designing modular trade show exhibitions. Developed environments that embodied client brand and product vision. Coordinated with clients and production staff to determine project needs, scheduling, scope, and budget. Managed client accounts and relations.
- Bachelors of Industrial Design, from Pratt Institute, Brooklyn NY – 1999 – 2003Focus in Furniture with additional study at the Danish Design School, DIS Copenhagen
- Tibetan Fire and Water Center, Portland, OR – 2006 – present
Focus in meditation and qigong
- Massage Therapy Certification, from Oregon School of Massage, Portland, OR – 2008 – 2009
500+ hours with an Eastern focus in Shiatsu. Oregon License # 16698
- Mercy Corp NW Business Foundations I & II, Portland, OR
June – August 2012 & September – November 2014
- Float Apprenticeship, with Float Tank Solutions – February 2015 and May 2016
Focus on owning, managing, and operating a float center, float tank maintenance, business plan, brand design and marketing, float center construction
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.